Sunday, April 26, 2015

Southlake, TX and the grandkids


The drive to Dallas was wet at times, which is becoming the norm, but uneventful. We really do not like driving the motor home through city congestion, but it is the only way to get across Dallas to Southlake where Chris and Lisa live.

Actually, there was a bit of a problem on the way. My cell phone died. That really pointed out how much I relay on it when traveling. I look up our next fuel stops and rest stops where we change drivers. I also use it to find campgrounds where we will spend the night. All that got more complicated without the phone working. We arrived mid-afternoon, backed in to Chris’ backyard, and got set up. Boy, do I wish I could park the coach in our backyard.

Once everything was set I drove over to the Verizon store and upgraded my phone. That is not as simple as it sounds. There is a lot of time spent trying to move data and apps to the new phone via the “cloud”, and as so often happens, several apps did not come across. Nor did their data, such as past fuel mileage information for the motor home. Well, that will keep me busy for a while as I try to get back to normal, phone wise at least.

We had a great visit with Chris’ family. The grandsons are growing like crazy and great to be around.

Ben's room. Cool graphics, Ben.

Just turned one and getting around on his own at the park.

Jack with his cousin Sidney.




















































Jack is very creative and has quite a workspace,

The end result is a homemade kazoo!









 





No comments:

Post a Comment