Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Blake Ranch RV and Horse Motel, Kingman, AZ

We got a late start to a planned short drive day. Our bedroom slide would not retract and it took a couple of hours trouble shooting to resolve the issue. That included removing nearly everything in the  basement storage bays. Amazing the stuff you find when you do that, but that is beside the point.

You know how when you are searching for something it is always in the last place you looked? You wish you looked there first, right? That was my morning. Because the hydraulic pump worked I thought the problem involved low fluid and I went through a lot to find the leak and figure out how to get to the hidden reservoir to add fluid. After I did as much troubleshooting as I could on my own I called Tiffin Tech Support. After the obligatory wait on hold I got a tech who took some time trying to understand my system configuration. I think I was his first call after a big lunch. He went directly to fuses which surprised me since the pump was working. Yes, grasshopper, but fluid was not flowing to that slide while it did flow to the other slides. Each slide has a electric solenoid which sends fluid from the pump to the slide actuator. It is electric. Check fuse. Fuse bad, problem solved. Lesson learned. Do the simple stuff first.

It was a nice, but occasionally bumpy, ride to Kingman where we checked in at Blake Ranch RV Park and Horse Motel. It is a nice place with friendly staff. Besides RVers, they accommodate horse owners traveling cross country. They have a few sites where trailers and tow rigs can hookup, and there are stalls and exercise areas where the horses can stretch their legs. Barbara wanted to go visit the horses until advised that they usually arrive during happy hour and leave at sunrise. Barbara would prefer not to miss the former, and definitely miss the latter.





No comments:

Post a Comment