Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What is going on around home

I thought I would bring you up to date on some of the goings on around the home front. Barbara is a volunteer at the Golden Retriever Rescue of Central Florida. We are also a foster for this group. Our first foster, Nia, is a wonderful older dog with a couple of issues that have had her pronounced “un-adoptable”. Her age and thyroid condition hamper adoption, but she is also very afraid of other dogs. Together, these issues became a problem for adopting families. We stepped in and adopted her officially, so now Nia is a part of the family. She is a very loving dog and is great with people and children. Dogs, not so much, but we are working on it. She was attacked a couple of times by a neighbor dog when she was younger, and in fact has some scars on her head.

Nia had her eleventh birthday last week.



































I reached a milestone, also! I consumed my 50th different beer at World of Beer in Orlando. For that I was awarded a T-shirt. At one hundred I get a small plaque on their wall. Hey, a guy needs to have goals!

















We also took Nia to the motorhome for an introduction. Just like a woman, she jumped right into the driver seat. Such a control freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment