Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fort DeSoto, FL Day Five


The weather today had a hard time making up its mind as to what it really wanted to do, but in the end it turned out to be pretty good. There was enough sun to dry things out so I took the opportunity to put most of our carpets and other camp accessories away while they were still dry. Storms were forecast and I dread putting wet gear in the storage bays since there is not much airflow and I did not want to get that musty smell that never goes away. Now if it rains tonight there is only the BBQ stuff and some chairs to worry about, and they can go in the Honda to be dried out at home. Oh, wait, the dog. Well I need to have room for Nia so I will enlist Curt help to take some of the damp items home for me.

Curt got a couple of trips out on the kayak chasing fish today, and for the most art it was sunny. I got out for a little exercise on the kayak too. As usual I did not start the mapping app when I left so this only shows the return trip. It was about four miles round trip, so it felt like exercise with the bonus of being a great time.























As the clouds started to roll in late in the afternoon Curt and I took a moment, and a beer, to consider dinner. 

















Steaks won! They were terrific!

Heading home tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment