Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Albuquerque, NM Day Eight


Did I mention the dust? Damn, am I tired of sneezing and sniffing!

Well, the brake part is in, and I have an appointment for the brake actuator to be installed Thursday morning. It looks like we will be able to move on to Durango Friday. Yeah!

I managed to stay busy today. I went to Home Depot to get the last nut I needed for yesterday’s stone guard. On the way a passing vehicle threw a rock up into the windshield and left quite a star. A quick call to the insurance company got an appointment for a tech to come to the campground to fix the windshield. It is amazing how they fix these things. You can’t really see where the ding was. They use a vacuum devise to infuse a resin that keeps the crack from expanding and causing the eventual failure of the windshield.

When we dumped the black tank the other day part of the handle on the dump valve broke. Rather than have the handle fail when distant from a repair facility, I decided to go to the local repair facility to see about having the valve changed. I did not particularly want to change the valve myself (Stinky), and when I mentioned what I wanted to have done it was obvious the shop did not like the job either. They asked what the problem was, then looked relieved saying, “You know those handles just thread on?” Sure enough, all I needed was new handles so I bought two metal handles and changed both the black and grey valve handles.

Old water connection and black water valve.
















Until now I have left the fresh water hose attached to the fixture on the coach and coiled the hose in the water service compartment. It seems that keeping the fresh water hose in the same compartment with the waste valves might not be the best thing. If there were to be a valve leak or accidental spill it would not be very sanitary. I added quick disconnects to the hose and coach connector so that I can now easily remove the hose and store it in an adjacent compartment with the other hoses. I can use the reclaimed space to store cleaning supplies.

New connections and valve handles.
















It was not an exciting day, but we got important things done, including taking a short nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment