Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Albuquerque, NM Day Seven


I woke up this morning to a confirmation email advising that the brake actuator was delivered to the manufacturer in Indiana first thing in the morning. That was very good news. Mid-day Kyle called to say that they identified the problem and were performing the repair. This particular problem is not normally a warranty issue according to Kyle, but they were going to cover this first occurrence. That is nice, but I failed to understand why this particular problem was not covered under their warranty. I did not want to argue, though, I just wanted the part enroute back here as soon as possible. Kyle committed to having it out this afternoon for overnight delivery to the repair shop here in Albuquerque, so I was happy.

To stay busy today I had a number of chores to complete. The weather has been very nice, so this was a good day to do them.

First up was getting the rock guard properly hung. You will remember this item as the one that came off as we approached Chris’ house in Dallas. My Dallas repair was not satisfactory and the shackles I used were wearing through the bracket it attached to. I got to work right after a quick trip to Home Depot for some nuts & bolts and washers. While not the best possible solution, I think it will get us through the rest of the trip. Honestly? I am not sure I know what the best solution is for this recurring problem, but now I can deal with that later.

































Yesterday the leveling jacks took far too long to retract. I figure that was due to dust on the cylinders, so today I sprayed them with silicone and wiped them down real well. We will see if that helps.
















I saved the next chore for last. Really, I had hoped to never get to this one. The toilet in the motorhome has a spray wand, similar to what you find at kitchen sinks,  used to encourage stubborn solids down the chute. Motorhome toilets, like marine toilets, do not have the high volume of water for each flush that you have in a home since all that is flushed is held in a tank for later dumping. More water equals more frequent dumping. That wand was leaking, so that every time you flushed the toilet you got a little surprise. For a while now we kept the wastebasket under the wand to catch unwanted flow. Enough of that! Camping World next door had the part, so there were no more excuses. I thought the toilet would have to be removed to remove the hose, but it turned out to be much simpler once I actually read the instructions. Stop laughing ladies.
















All that is left now is grilling the chicken in time for Dancing With the Stars.

Oh, what was Barbara doing today you ask? She went shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment